Thursday, September 21, 2023 – 12:00pm-1:00 pm
More than Memory: An Overview of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
Julie Weaver, PharmD
PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident
Kaiser Permanente - Mid-Atlantic States Region
Objectives for Pharmacists
• Describe features of the different types of dementia and cognitive impairment.
• Recognize medications used in dementia management.
• Identify recently approved agents aimed at targeting amyloid beta plaques.
Objectives for Pharmacy Technicians
• List medications used in dementia management.
• List recently approved agents aimed at targeting amyloid beta plaques.
Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider for continuing pharmacy education and has assigned 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education credits for participating in this activity.
ACPE UAN: 0108-0000-23-048-L01-P; 0108-0000-23-048-L01-T
Activity type: Knowledge-based
This is a member service of VSHP. There is no charge for members to attend. Dues must be current to receive CE credit.
Non-members will be charged $20.
To register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zigUn2aATIG8IXlqwgjCrw