FREE CE for VSHP Members!
Webinar-Thursday, June 11, 2020 – 7:00pm- 8:00 pm
One hour of live CE
Sponsored by VSHP Region 2
Title: Drug Allergy: A Review of Antimicrobial Induced Hypersensitivities
Memar Ayalew, Pharm.D.
ASP/ID Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda, MD
· Describe the impact of penicillin allergies on stewardship
· Classify types of drug hypersensitivity reactions
· Recognize clinical manifestations and onset of immunological mediated drug reactions
· Review strategies for management of penicillin allergy
· Discuss induction of drug tolerance and graded challenge procedures
Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants of the session who complete the evaluation and provide accurate NABP e-Profile information will have their credit for 1.0 contact hours (0.10 CEU) submitted to CPE Monitor as early as 1 days after the event and no later than 60 days after the event. The participant is accountable for verifying the accurate posting of CE credit to their CPE Monitor account within 60 days.
UAN # 0108-0000-20-038-L01-P; 0108-0000-20-038-L01-T
This is a member service of VSHP. There is no charge for members to attend. Dues must be current to receive CE credit.
Non-members will be charged $20.
Members:To register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_w91xM260RXGmW7I5emL1iw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.